Skip to main content

Last week of my relaxed attitude

I decided next week I will start watching how and what I am eating again.
That means no doughnuts, lol.
This week I am PMSing and that is making me crave things I haven't eaten in like eight months! (like chips and dip for example)
This week we bought a dozen doughnuts. There are three of us, so that is four doughnuts a piece (but I don't think I ate that many).

The big news is, somehow, with all the crap I've been eating and how hungry I have been, I still LOST A POUND!

How in the heck I did that, I have no idea - but I'll take it!!

This weekend we are indulging in pasta, because I've been craving it. But next week, we are back to low carb meals.

I do want to mention, through my journey, I've been giving myself one day about every two weeks to eat something I enjoy. That normally means either ordering pizza or going out to eat - because those are things I enjoy. And it works for me. But doughnuts were never on that plan, so they need to go away after this week and stay away for a while! lol

We have a snow storm headed our way (maybe, depending on how the system comes in) so it's lasagna and meatballs this weekend. I've avoided pasta for the last ten months, so I think I deserve one weekend with a great Italian meal before I go back to avoiding it like the plague. (and seriously, I'm Italian, and pasta was always a quick meal for me, and a staple in my diet. This avoiding it is for the birds!!)

I am ready to get back at this though. My Burton Nutrition protein powder is on its way, and should get here early this week. So I can get back on my eating plan.
#iCanDoThis #DoingThisForMe #AuthorsGettingHealthy

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My nemisis

I am failing miserably at this diet thing... I just want to look better and feel better and be healthy. The pandemic did me in...I'm serious. Suddenly I was no longer alone in the house, which was nice, but it turned me from getting my steps in while watching tv, and trying a new on-demand exercise routine to sitting. Mr. G working in the other room has me more self conscious about doing any of those things that I used to. And yes, that's a ME problem. Then there was the community panic of "Stores are going to run out of food!" So we were buying anything we could find in anticipation for empty shelves. (Now we know the only shelves that went empty were toilet paper, paper towels, I'm hearing baby formula, and cat food. Then breakfast sandwiches-which was odd.) But I went from buying all fresh veggies and proteins to whatever I could find. I still don't eat frozen chicken nuggets or strips, and I do make frozen fresh chicken. BUT my eating habits went crazy. I ...

baby steps

I haven't necessarily been following my healthy eating plan the last few weeks (which puts me about 3 weeks behind in my year plan) but today I chose to make a protein shake for lunch like I had planned instead of ordering fast food like Mr. G suggested. (granted, that fast food would've tasted yummy...lol) Baby steps, right?

Not For Me

Yeah, I'm convinced that intermittent fasting is not for me. It works great for some people, but just like the keto diet, it isn't for me. Next week I'll go back to what I was doing before the Pandemic hit. My goal will be 2lbs a week, and in about a year I will hit my long term goal. I enjoyed what I was doing before. Fasting just confused me, since I was used to a couple small meals spaced out. It is great for some people, just not for me. (plus coffee on an empty stomach didn't work so well for me) If you have any lower carb and lower calorie recipes you love, send them my way! I am always looking for something to make for dinner and love a good muffin or cupcake that won't wreck my calorie count for the day! I'll update you next week as to how getting back at it is going...