Skip to main content

Another pound bites the dust

Well, I tried to do the hardest food plan on the FitBit app, and failed. It was a 1000 calorie deficit. I knew it would be challenging, it is called the most DIFFICULT plan, so....
But right now, at this point in my journey, I'm not ready for it. So I went back down to the "kinda-difficult" one (which is to lose 1.5lbs a week).
Everyday I was slightly above my calorie limit, and instead of feeling like I failed daily, I decided to just change the plan, and aim to stick to it. It's all a mind-set really.

But I am finding it being winter, this is more difficult than it was in the warmer weather. I am not craving raw carrots and water like I did when it was warmer. I am sure this is all just something I need to get myself used to. Instead of indulging on salty carb snacks (because chips and crackers are what I crave), I just need to train my body to want good-for-me snacks.

The good news is, I dropped 1.5lbs this week. As long as the number keeps going down, I'm satisfied. And it is motivation for me to keep going and keep doing better each day.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Apple Cider Vinegar - have you tried it?

I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered Goli Apple Cider Vinegar gummies. I have tried to use AVC in the past, but couldn't stand the taste. (I tried it in tea, apple juice, and water, and nope, nope, and nope) I've recently run out of my daily supplement of Green Coffee Bean (GCB) and shipping is taking forever unfortunately. Well, over the last week I have noticed that I can't eat enough; I am so snacky and so hungry (more than usual). By Wednesday, I had had enough. I was eating too much for no reason. And just like my Nunna used to say, at night when I was watching tv, I wasn't hungry, but I was craving to "chew on something". Granted, stress has been a huge factor this past week, and it will stay a factor, and let's face it, stress is always around us. I have to react better to it. And if ACV can help me not stress eat, I'll take it!  I talked to a few folks who say this ACV works and tastes good. I won't say it is "yummy" (my prob

I'm back!

So, the squats didn't work out so well. I hurt something and had to wait until it was healed to start again.  But this week we are trying to get back in the swing of things. I took liberties with dinner way too many times over the last few months (while not really feeling like myself mentally) and ordered out, ordered pizza, or made a frozen pizza for dinner. Well, that's over. My dinner plans for the next two weeks include chicken, chicken, and more chicken. (Can you hear the groans from my family?) Well, I was going to make tacos one night, but the grocery store was not only out of the taco dinner kit, but out of ground meat - soooo.... no tacos until I can get to a different store and get what I need. The slow cooker cola bbq chicken last night did not go over so well. Tonight is teriyaki grilled chicken and asparagus. I've literally been sitting for two years. As soon as the "stay at home" started I stopped trying to get my steps in. It was too hard. Mr. G was

Why it's called a Healthy Lifestyle

Why we call it learning a Healthy Lifestyle Because sometimes as adults we need to re-learn how to eat correctly. Just because we eat what we like doesn't mean it should cause us to gain 10lbs like it's nothing. And trust me, I've been there. Learning to eat healthy means making good choices every single day. It's not a diet. It's not never eating a piece of bread again. It's just making good choices. In the last year I lost AND KEPT OFF 30lbs. That is the big part for me - keeping it off. I wanted to lose 50lbs, and that didn't happen, but I kept off all that I lost, and I have to see that as a positive. I kept it off eating stuffing at Thanksgiving. I kept it off eating cookies and potatoes at Christmas. I kept it off over a bad three weeks in February that happened right at Valentine's day (so there was chocolate in the house, which we never have in the house). I was depressed and sad, and I ate. I ate EVERYTHING I could find. I wasn't proud