Skip to main content

Day One at the gym

Today was Day One at the gym. I am embarrased to day that I joined our local Planet Fitness LAST YEAR with my husband, in the hopes that we would go together. We never did.
And I'm managing 5K steps a day just being at home, but I really would like to see 10K per day. So today, I was there. The staff didn't show me around like I thought they would, seeing as I was brand new. So I stuck to the treadmill, just trying to get my steps in. After one hour, it shut off and sent me to a cool down (I didn't reach 10K yet)
I then walked around to see what other equipment they had. I see a lot of folks on the elliptical, but I don't like it. I tried it at the YMCA (when it was still open) and it made me nauseous.
Then I decided to try the Hydra-Massage, because I have had normal massages by massage therapists, and they are extremely relaxing. The Hyra-Massage table at Planet Fitness was NOT relaxing at all...I thought it was AWFUL.
My old chiropractor had a water table (I think it was a water massage table) and it was wonderful. This thing at PF was NOT.
I can't help but think these poor folks who rave about this table must have never had a real massage.
I'm the kind of person who likes to get on the treadmill, put my music on, and just walk. I don't make eye contact with anyone because I have no interest in having a conversation while I'm out of breath, red faced, and sweaty, lol.
I just want my steps and I'm out, lol...(maybe in the future I'll work on toning too, but right now I just want the weight loss)

My tip to you is, skip the Hydra-Massage table... and call a massage therapist. LOL

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My nemisis

I am failing miserably at this diet thing... I just want to look better and feel better and be healthy. The pandemic did me in...I'm serious. Suddenly I was no longer alone in the house, which was nice, but it turned me from getting my steps in while watching tv, and trying a new on-demand exercise routine to sitting. Mr. G working in the other room has me more self conscious about doing any of those things that I used to. And yes, that's a ME problem. Then there was the community panic of "Stores are going to run out of food!" So we were buying anything we could find in anticipation for empty shelves. (Now we know the only shelves that went empty were toilet paper, paper towels, I'm hearing baby formula, and cat food. Then breakfast sandwiches-which was odd.) But I went from buying all fresh veggies and proteins to whatever I could find. I still don't eat frozen chicken nuggets or strips, and I do make frozen fresh chicken. BUT my eating habits went crazy. I ...

Not For Me

Yeah, I'm convinced that intermittent fasting is not for me. It works great for some people, but just like the keto diet, it isn't for me. Next week I'll go back to what I was doing before the Pandemic hit. My goal will be 2lbs a week, and in about a year I will hit my long term goal. I enjoyed what I was doing before. Fasting just confused me, since I was used to a couple small meals spaced out. It is great for some people, just not for me. (plus coffee on an empty stomach didn't work so well for me) If you have any lower carb and lower calorie recipes you love, send them my way! I am always looking for something to make for dinner and love a good muffin or cupcake that won't wreck my calorie count for the day! I'll update you next week as to how getting back at it is going...

It's Time to be Awesome

Yesterday I started over (wait, have I said that before?) I watched my calories, and drank my shake for lunch (instead of eating something) and tried to get in my water. It was rough. When you get used to eating foods, and not so healthy foods, it is hard to not eat them. And you crave them. You mistakenly think you need them. And it sucks. And it's hard. But if you want it bad enough, you'll try. And I am. I am trying again today. I will take this one day at a time - no, one meal at a time. We (meaning my husband and I) ordered Fit Boards. Yep, we did. Yes, the ones you saw on Shark Tank. I'll let you know if they work. I got very used to snacking in the morning and the afternoon and the evening. Did you? This quarantine made me lazy. I look at the room and say "I should vacuum/dust" then I don't. And I keep thinking I am not going anywhere this summer, so what am I fighting for? Then I see people on tv like former WWE wre...