Skip to main content

the new Fitbit app - rubbish

Oh boy...
So this week I made it to the gym twice this week (so far, today is a possibility).
I tried the ab machine yesterday, and I felt the burn - but I wondered... is it worth doing an ab machine when you are round and have a belly? lol... I'm not looking to get a six-pack, I just want to burn calories and work muscles. So, for now, I'll keep doing it.

Yesterday after the gym, I went to add my water intake to my Fitbit app. It "updated" as soon as I opened it (I had used it earlier in the day with no change). Once updated it was UGLY. (I don't like change, SO in typical Melody-style, I got very annoyed)

I liked the one-glance, add from the home screen, easy look. The tiles. Now it is more detailed and "data-friendly" as they like to say. I am not a data person. I don't want to have to take a lot of time to chart my food or water, or whatever. That's why going to Kid-Shape with my son years ago failed me. We had to write everything down in a booklet. Too much work. (for me) If it isn't easy, I don't want to do it.

And that's when I will fail.
So, I'm very bummed that Fitbit messed up my app dashboard. If I find it too annoying I won't want to use it. And I need to chart my food, or I will fail. It's a no win situation guys... I spent my evening downloading every other app I could find. most of them require you to upgrade in order to pull in info from your Fitbit, and some require upgrade in order to track water, food, and sleep. (the one that had a similar look of the Fitbit before the update required the upgrade - ugh - why isn't anything easy??)

So, here I am, still using the Fitbit app. BUT, I am looking into Google Fit. I know nothing about it, lol. But I'm looking into it.

Anyway, when I complained to Fitbit, they basically said "yes, we got the fact that you hate the app. But it isn't going anywhere. We'll record your input." LOL..... I just got brushed off from Fitbit Support. What are you going to do but laugh really?

Oh well, enough complaining about the Fitbit app...sorry for the rant. I hate change. Like when you get a new cell phone and you (well, I) hate it for two weeks before finally starting to understand how to do things on it, or getting a new cable provider and having to find your favorite channels all over again...yeah, little things irk me. That must mean I lead a pretty simple life, huh?

We'll see if I get used to this app, or keep looking for a new one. That will also make up my mind if I get a new Fitbit or go for a different type of tracker.

Hope your weekend is full of fun! My son starts school Monday, I can't believe it's school-time again...where did the summer go??? I always get sad this time of year, like I am sad for him that his summer is over, lol.
With school starting, I will have to adjust my gym schedule, since kiddo does cyber school, and I have to make sure he is doing his work. But it'll all fall into place, the first week might be an adjustment, but it'll work out.

I'm off to Aldi's this weekend to pick up some veggies and fruit for "snacks" since kiddo complained that we needed snacks. (sorry, this is all the snacks I will be buying! lol...) He seems to be following in my footsteps. I have zero self-control with food. If it is here, I will eat it. That's why I don't keep things like chips and cakes in the house (then regret that I don't have anything salty or sweet, lol). I have to help him curb that now, so he isn't my age and still struggling!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Why it's called a Healthy Lifestyle

Why we call it learning a Healthy Lifestyle Because sometimes as adults we need to re-learn how to eat correctly. Just because we eat what we like doesn't mean it should cause us to gain 10lbs like it's nothing. And trust me, I've been there. Learning to eat healthy means making good choices every single day. It's not a diet. It's not never eating a piece of bread again. It's just making good choices. In the last year I lost AND KEPT OFF 30lbs. That is the big part for me - keeping it off. I wanted to lose 50lbs, and that didn't happen, but I kept off all that I lost, and I have to see that as a positive. I kept it off eating stuffing at Thanksgiving. I kept it off eating cookies and potatoes at Christmas. I kept it off over a bad three weeks in February that happened right at Valentine's day (so there was chocolate in the house, which we never have in the house). I was depressed and sad, and I ate. I ate EVERYTHING I could find. I wasn't proud

Apple Cider Vinegar - have you tried it?

I jumped on the bandwagon and ordered Goli Apple Cider Vinegar gummies. I have tried to use AVC in the past, but couldn't stand the taste. (I tried it in tea, apple juice, and water, and nope, nope, and nope) I've recently run out of my daily supplement of Green Coffee Bean (GCB) and shipping is taking forever unfortunately. Well, over the last week I have noticed that I can't eat enough; I am so snacky and so hungry (more than usual). By Wednesday, I had had enough. I was eating too much for no reason. And just like my Nunna used to say, at night when I was watching tv, I wasn't hungry, but I was craving to "chew on something". Granted, stress has been a huge factor this past week, and it will stay a factor, and let's face it, stress is always around us. I have to react better to it. And if ACV can help me not stress eat, I'll take it!  I talked to a few folks who say this ACV works and tastes good. I won't say it is "yummy" (my prob

I'm back!

So, the squats didn't work out so well. I hurt something and had to wait until it was healed to start again.  But this week we are trying to get back in the swing of things. I took liberties with dinner way too many times over the last few months (while not really feeling like myself mentally) and ordered out, ordered pizza, or made a frozen pizza for dinner. Well, that's over. My dinner plans for the next two weeks include chicken, chicken, and more chicken. (Can you hear the groans from my family?) Well, I was going to make tacos one night, but the grocery store was not only out of the taco dinner kit, but out of ground meat - soooo.... no tacos until I can get to a different store and get what I need. The slow cooker cola bbq chicken last night did not go over so well. Tonight is teriyaki grilled chicken and asparagus. I've literally been sitting for two years. As soon as the "stay at home" started I stopped trying to get my steps in. It was too hard. Mr. G was