Skip to main content

Coffee Talk

Do you ever have those days where you get an idea, and you focus on it all day? Yesterday was one of those days for me.

My Dad was talking about flavored coffee creamer, and how it is really not so great for your health. I got home and it bugged me all night - because I love my flavored coffee creamer. And I'm slowly learning that it isn't very healthy for you (as tasty as it is).

Today I have spent most of my morning researching different brands of coffee creamer and their ingredients. What brand do you use? What brand do you like? Anyone have a secret recipe they created and would like to share? I am all ears!

My thought of the day is trans fats... I've narrowed it down to Califia Farms dairy free creamer. Now, the difficult part will be finding where I can buy it. I know for sure that my local grocer, that I frequent many times a week, does not carry it.

Do you use this brand? Is it any good? As soon as I find it I'll let you know...because I am very picky about my flavored creamer. I like coffee because of what I put in it, not necessarily for the coffee. (I would never drink black or no sugar coffee, that's just not me)

So this is my new focus, changing my coffee habits. THIS is going to be a tough one, but I am thinking about heart health.

We just bought a couple during a sale, so once those are gone, I'll be trying not to buy that brand any more. But that requires finding a good substitute, because I need my coffee, lol.

Do you worry about what you put in your coffee? Or is that the one thing you let yourself have? I was doing the latter. But now I'm not convinced that is the best thing for me.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My nemisis

I am failing miserably at this diet thing... I just want to look better and feel better and be healthy. The pandemic did me in...I'm serious. Suddenly I was no longer alone in the house, which was nice, but it turned me from getting my steps in while watching tv, and trying a new on-demand exercise routine to sitting. Mr. G working in the other room has me more self conscious about doing any of those things that I used to. And yes, that's a ME problem. Then there was the community panic of "Stores are going to run out of food!" So we were buying anything we could find in anticipation for empty shelves. (Now we know the only shelves that went empty were toilet paper, paper towels, I'm hearing baby formula, and cat food. Then breakfast sandwiches-which was odd.) But I went from buying all fresh veggies and proteins to whatever I could find. I still don't eat frozen chicken nuggets or strips, and I do make frozen fresh chicken. BUT my eating habits went crazy. I ...

baby steps

I haven't necessarily been following my healthy eating plan the last few weeks (which puts me about 3 weeks behind in my year plan) but today I chose to make a protein shake for lunch like I had planned instead of ordering fast food like Mr. G suggested. (granted, that fast food would've tasted yummy...lol) Baby steps, right?

Not For Me

Yeah, I'm convinced that intermittent fasting is not for me. It works great for some people, but just like the keto diet, it isn't for me. Next week I'll go back to what I was doing before the Pandemic hit. My goal will be 2lbs a week, and in about a year I will hit my long term goal. I enjoyed what I was doing before. Fasting just confused me, since I was used to a couple small meals spaced out. It is great for some people, just not for me. (plus coffee on an empty stomach didn't work so well for me) If you have any lower carb and lower calorie recipes you love, send them my way! I am always looking for something to make for dinner and love a good muffin or cupcake that won't wreck my calorie count for the day! I'll update you next week as to how getting back at it is going...