Skip to main content

Stay Positive and Keep Pushing Forward

Yes, my journey to getting healthy is going slower than I had originally planned.

My original plan was 50lbs a year for two years. Well, I am in year three now, and I am close to reaching the 40lb mark.
See? Slower than I planned.
But...that almost 40lbs is gone and hasn't been seen in 3 years. THAT is an accomplishment that I am proud of. Every little bit counts.

And it hasn't been easy. I was close to this 40lb goal right before Thanksgiving - the same week my dad had a heart attack. The stress had me not eating at first, but then the anxiety kicked in and I made a few bad food choices. I had good moments and bad moments over the next month. But those bad choices didn't define me, and here I am, back on the threshold of that small milestone.

I chose a long term goal (2 years) so the weight is easier to keep off. So I can learn how to allow myself pizza once in a while, or baked potato chips as a treat, and bread!! But learn how to eat those things without overdoing it.

Once I hit my weight goal, I will be the weight I was before I got married, and I was even trying to lose weight back then! But I felt good. Some days now I feel good too (days that I'm not bloated, lol). And that is what I want out of all this, I want to feel good. I want to look in the mirror and like what I see. I want that reflection to also make me feel good.

And I am okay with changing the plan. Because as far as I am concerned, I am still winning this battle. Every pound lost is a win. Every pound kept off is a win. Every good choice I make is a win.

I'm not following a fad diet, nor am I denying myself. I just learned that I don't NEED fast food, or chocolate, or whatever. It is a hard lesson to teach yourself, but I know you can do it. If I can do it, than anyone can!! I have the least self control of anyone I know, lol...

And ironically, I used to hate the scale! I avoided it at all costs... but since I've been working hard to get healthy, I look forward to stepping on the scale. Even at the doctor! And I even ask them what I was last time I was weighed there.

But I'm proud of what I am accomplishing, and where I am headed on this journey.
Bad choices don't define us, resetting and making the next choice a good one is what counts.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My nemisis

I am failing miserably at this diet thing... I just want to look better and feel better and be healthy. The pandemic did me in...I'm serious. Suddenly I was no longer alone in the house, which was nice, but it turned me from getting my steps in while watching tv, and trying a new on-demand exercise routine to sitting. Mr. G working in the other room has me more self conscious about doing any of those things that I used to. And yes, that's a ME problem. Then there was the community panic of "Stores are going to run out of food!" So we were buying anything we could find in anticipation for empty shelves. (Now we know the only shelves that went empty were toilet paper, paper towels, I'm hearing baby formula, and cat food. Then breakfast sandwiches-which was odd.) But I went from buying all fresh veggies and proteins to whatever I could find. I still don't eat frozen chicken nuggets or strips, and I do make frozen fresh chicken. BUT my eating habits went crazy. I ...

Not For Me

Yeah, I'm convinced that intermittent fasting is not for me. It works great for some people, but just like the keto diet, it isn't for me. Next week I'll go back to what I was doing before the Pandemic hit. My goal will be 2lbs a week, and in about a year I will hit my long term goal. I enjoyed what I was doing before. Fasting just confused me, since I was used to a couple small meals spaced out. It is great for some people, just not for me. (plus coffee on an empty stomach didn't work so well for me) If you have any lower carb and lower calorie recipes you love, send them my way! I am always looking for something to make for dinner and love a good muffin or cupcake that won't wreck my calorie count for the day! I'll update you next week as to how getting back at it is going...

It's Time to be Awesome

Yesterday I started over (wait, have I said that before?) I watched my calories, and drank my shake for lunch (instead of eating something) and tried to get in my water. It was rough. When you get used to eating foods, and not so healthy foods, it is hard to not eat them. And you crave them. You mistakenly think you need them. And it sucks. And it's hard. But if you want it bad enough, you'll try. And I am. I am trying again today. I will take this one day at a time - no, one meal at a time. We (meaning my husband and I) ordered Fit Boards. Yep, we did. Yes, the ones you saw on Shark Tank. I'll let you know if they work. I got very used to snacking in the morning and the afternoon and the evening. Did you? This quarantine made me lazy. I look at the room and say "I should vacuum/dust" then I don't. And I keep thinking I am not going anywhere this summer, so what am I fighting for? Then I see people on tv like former WWE wre...