Skip to main content

Day One

Okay, today I am starting over (again). I put it off long enough, but up until this afternoon, I was mentally ready to do this and I had motivation to do this. I was good until lunchtime and I was at the store. I was STARVING at at the store, looking at homemade pizzas... But I persisted on. I didn't take one. I did think that maybe this weekend we would have one for dinner (I am doing the be good M-F, then can eat cheat food on the weekends). 

Now, I considered eating before I went out, but it wasn't time for lunch yet, and I KNEW that by the time I got home and was STARVING that it would be too late for lunch, too close to dinner. And I was right...ugh. But I am trying to push on.

I am tired of feeling like crap and having no energy. I want to do better and be better. Even if it is the hardest thing I've done since the pandemic started...

I'm focusing on the fact that I am ready to do this mentally and feel motivated. Now to push through the food cravings is the next step.


 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

My nemisis

I am failing miserably at this diet thing... I just want to look better and feel better and be healthy. The pandemic did me in...I'm serious. Suddenly I was no longer alone in the house, which was nice, but it turned me from getting my steps in while watching tv, and trying a new on-demand exercise routine to sitting. Mr. G working in the other room has me more self conscious about doing any of those things that I used to. And yes, that's a ME problem. Then there was the community panic of "Stores are going to run out of food!" So we were buying anything we could find in anticipation for empty shelves. (Now we know the only shelves that went empty were toilet paper, paper towels, I'm hearing baby formula, and cat food. Then breakfast sandwiches-which was odd.) But I went from buying all fresh veggies and proteins to whatever I could find. I still don't eat frozen chicken nuggets or strips, and I do make frozen fresh chicken. BUT my eating habits went crazy. I ...

Not For Me

Yeah, I'm convinced that intermittent fasting is not for me. It works great for some people, but just like the keto diet, it isn't for me. Next week I'll go back to what I was doing before the Pandemic hit. My goal will be 2lbs a week, and in about a year I will hit my long term goal. I enjoyed what I was doing before. Fasting just confused me, since I was used to a couple small meals spaced out. It is great for some people, just not for me. (plus coffee on an empty stomach didn't work so well for me) If you have any lower carb and lower calorie recipes you love, send them my way! I am always looking for something to make for dinner and love a good muffin or cupcake that won't wreck my calorie count for the day! I'll update you next week as to how getting back at it is going...

It's Time to be Awesome

Yesterday I started over (wait, have I said that before?) I watched my calories, and drank my shake for lunch (instead of eating something) and tried to get in my water. It was rough. When you get used to eating foods, and not so healthy foods, it is hard to not eat them. And you crave them. You mistakenly think you need them. And it sucks. And it's hard. But if you want it bad enough, you'll try. And I am. I am trying again today. I will take this one day at a time - no, one meal at a time. We (meaning my husband and I) ordered Fit Boards. Yep, we did. Yes, the ones you saw on Shark Tank. I'll let you know if they work. I got very used to snacking in the morning and the afternoon and the evening. Did you? This quarantine made me lazy. I look at the room and say "I should vacuum/dust" then I don't. And I keep thinking I am not going anywhere this summer, so what am I fighting for? Then I see people on tv like former WWE wre...